Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Diamond, a Flower Fairy Ballerina

Hobby Lobby.  It's an evil place for those with more inspiration than time...   Just a quick trip, I told myself.  I'll be in and out in 5 minutes.  Just go straight to the ribbon, grab what I need, done.  Right.  Like that's ever happened!

I made it to the sewing department, ignoring the 50% off frames that were "pssstttting" at me.  The little wooden candle holder that looked just like a chair tried to get my attention but I was resolute.  Ribbon in hand, I almost skipped back to the check out stand, giddy that I was actually going to do it this time!  I was going to make it out without - what's that?  No.  Silk flowers don't interest me.  Surely my overactive muse wasn't drawing me over to that section...  So close!  The register was just a few feet away.  But no, it was too late.  I was already walking over.

New for Spring, in a riot of colors, were these big, beautiful silk flowers that had latin script all over them.  Ideas starting exploding in my mind - fairies, flower fairies...  You know you're a mynah bird, my muse whispers.  You love jewels...  Look at the colors; the white - Diamond; the blue - Aquamarine; the pink - Tourmaline; the lavender - Amethyst.  Before I could even take a breath, I was grabbing one of each color.  Sigh.  Evil place.

Diamond is the first in this series of Jeweled Flower Fairies.  I hope you enjoy her!







2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for those flower petals! Thanks again for writing me a guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the black lace...very lovely.

    ReplyDelete